This high quality replica of the Kent and East Sussex Pannier engine will delight children for hours. It is compatible with all wooden train systems and works beautifully with our range of wagons and other vehicles.
Pannier was built in Swindon between October 1949 and May 1955. She was first allocated in March 1951 and was withdrawn in August 1966.
She was purchased for preservation in November 1967 by the Dart Valley Railway. Pannier was acquired for the Kent & East Sussex Railway in July 1992. She is now owned by the Railway, but she has never carried the Railways fleet number, except when playing the part of Duck on 'Thomas' weekends the number 8 is displayed. As part of Panniers 'Thomas' persona a Swindon green livery and GWR lettering have been applied.